- To coincide with the launch of early voting for the election, Instagram is launching three election-themed Stickers today to commemorate the voting process and people’s participation
- The Stickers will also link to the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website containing up-to-date election and voting information
- This announcement is part of our ongoing work to support our community and celebrate Australia’s democratic spirit
With the launch of early voting beginning today in Australia, we’ll be adding a splash of fun and colour with a new collection of election-themed Stickers on Instagram, celebrating Australian democracy and amplifying their democratic voices. The stickers will also link to the Australian Electoral Commission website for more information on the election and voting process.
Australians share over one million Instagram Stories every day. In the lead-up to the election, we’re encouraging our Instagram community to use the stickers to promote civic participation and share authoritative information about voting.
The Stickers were designed by the iconic Australian artist and designer Stavroula Adameitis (aka Frida Las Vegas), who took inspiration from Australian iconography. We’re excited to continue our support of local communities, creators and artists like Frida who created the iconic Australian artwork for this year’s election Stickers.
Australian artist and designer Stavroula Adameitis said, “I’m stoked to collaborate with Instagram on this sticker series celebrating Australia’s right to vote in the 2022 Federal Election. It’s important that Australians have our voices heard whilst playing with these bright, bold and fun graphics to share the message that every single vote counts!”
This announcement comes in addition to all the work we’ve done during the election campaign to date to help promote election integrity in Australia. You can read more about our comprehensive approach here.
One of our key priorities has been ensuring a close working relationship with the AEC, to support their work. The Stickers will link people to the AEC website for more authoritative information on the election and voting process.
Tom Rogers, Australian Electoral Commissioner said, “We’ve been working closely with Meta in the lead up to, and during, the 2022 federal election. We’re very excited to see Australians using election-themed Instagram stickers and other Meta initiatives as a way to express positivity and pride about participating in Australian democracy.”
Say G’day to the 2022 Instagram election themed Stickers
- Iconic Australian snacks, featuring the Pie and Vovo
- Democracy sausages
- A ‘Have Your Say’ shaka
How to add an Election Sticker to your story
- Open the Stories camera and take a photo
- Tap on the Sticker Tray icon
- Tap on the desired Sticker
- Once the sticker is on your photo, you may tap it for additional options. With each tap, the Stickers will rotate between three different iconic Aussie images, including the Democracy Sausage.
All three stickers will be visible at the top of the Instagram Stories Sticker Tray on 9th May.